Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Perfect Primer on a Budget

Cost: $12.99 (at drugstores)

I read about Loreal's new, more professional "Studio Secrets" line awhile back and was eager to test out some of their products. Some people may not even think primers are necessary, and they truly aren't for everyone. But, they have been all the rage recently, so I've been doing a lot of research and testing on them.

For some background, most primers are made with silicone ingredients, which are mainly used to help makeup go on more evenly, and most importantly, help makeup last longer. If your skin tends to be normal (lucky you!) and not too dry or not too oily, you're probably ok without a primer. But for the rest of us, this is a perfect solution to help even out your face, or base, as I like to call it before applying the rest of your makeup.

Now, on to the product. Loreal's Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer is really great. The description statest that the primer "masks wrinkles and uneven textures in the skin, making the complexion feel smooth and soft, with a remarkable velvety touch." This holds up to be true on all fronts. I tend to have more dry than oily skin so a moisturizer is always required to hydrate my skin. I decided to test the primer without putting anything else on my face and it was so soft. It's foamy consistency glided on really smoothly and it really did offer a nice, even base for me to start with.

One con that I would point out is that because it comes in a little jar which requires you to touch the product with your finger each time you apply, perhaps a brush or little scooper would help keep the product hygienical and prevent any bacteria from forming. If only this came in a pump...it would be perfect!

Other Studio Secret Primers that are available (I haven't tried these yet). One offers Anti-dullness while the other 2 are Anti-Dull Skin for different skin tones:

No comments:

Post a Comment