Thursday, February 25, 2010

At-Home Hair Color

Revlon Color Silk: $3.99 (drugstores)
Click here to be directed to the Revlon color match chart

I generally get my hair colored and highlighted professionally, but there are those times when I just can't get to my hairdresser! When I'm in desperate need of a quick hair color fix, Revlon ColorSilk is awesome...and, boy is it cheap! I've found that brunette's generally have a harder time finding the right color to match when out of a box. Often times, it can be too severe or dark or a lot of red is added to your overall color, even if you started with brown or black hair. The cool thing about this particular brand is that it just gives you a subtle color change without being too dramatic. Even for women with really dark black hair, one application of this will gently highlight your hair. You might not notice the results immediately, but you definitely will over several washes and when out in the sun. It's semi-permanent, ammonia-free and is pretty good at covering stubborn grey hairs. I have naturally dark brown hair and use "Light Ash Brown" which gives me that perfect medium, golden-brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment