Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gettin' That Colgate Smile =)


Hands down one of the best teeth whiteners out there, and so cheap! This is my go-to when I need a quick and super fast perk-up to my smile. Big help is having your own teeth whitening trays because the generic one's sold at stores don't really fit your teeth so the gel doesn't get to all those hard-to-reach spots (quick tip on how to make your own trays at the end of this post). Also, make sure you DO NOT sleep with this gel on. Trust me, I've tried it and my teeth were sooo sensitive the next day. I like to put them on for about 20min maximum, maybe when getting ready or doing things around the house. 10 minutes 2x a week also helps, but I personally don't like doing it too often because all whiteners break down the enamel on our teeth so I use it sparingly. For those of you that don't have trays and don't want to spend the money having some made, here's an inexpensive and easy way to make your own:

-Purchase athletic mouthguards from your local Target/Walmart or even Sports Chalet, etc.

-Submerge both top and bottom guards in boiling water for a few seconds

-Place trays in mouth while hot and mold to your teeth for about 20 seconds

-Let trays cool and you will have individual mouth trays that fit your teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment